If you have to work, you might as well enjoy it! Here are nine ways to enjoy your work.
1. Decide to enjoy it! Make up your mind to feel good at work. You will be surprised how much better you will like your work if you just make a deliberate decision to enjoy it.
2. Maintain good and friendly relationships with your employer and with your co-workers. Getting along with and liking the people you work with will make any job more enjoyable.
3. Remember that your work provides much (if not all) of your necessities and luxuries. Just think, unless you inherited a bundle, you owe all you have to work. In that light, the old job looks pretty good, doesn't it?
4. Keep in mind the service you are providing people through your work. The job you do helps other people. Now that is a good feeling!
5. Challenge yourself at work. Set and pursue attainable goals. Always try to do a better job. Stretch yourself and your abilities! Grow! That attitude can make even a dull job exciting!
6. Concentrate on the good things about your job. Write out a list of things you like about your job. Read the list every night before you go to sleep.
7. Do more than you are paid to do. If you do just enough to barely squeak by, you will be bored, but if you really get after it, you will feel good about yourself. Besides that, your boss will soon notice and before too long you will be rewarded.
8. Adopt the "this is my company" attitude. You may not actually own the company, but wherever you work, it is your company! And when you begin to feel like it is your company, you will discover a new sense of pride and fulfillment.
9. If you still do not convinced that these eight ways will work for you, enroll in PPB3K programs!