1. Tell your story early and often. Make communication a cornerstone of your brand every day.
2. Make your brand story consistent across all platforms: presentations, website, advertising, marketing materials, social media.
3. Think differently about your presentation style. Study Steve Jobs, read design books, and pay attention to awe-inspiring presentations and what makes them different from the average PowerPoint show. Everyone has room to raise the bar on delivering presentations, but rising to the challenge requires a dedicated commitment to improve and an open mind.
4. Watch a Steve Jobs presentation. Visit YouTube and search for “Steve Jobs + keynote.”
5. Read The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs for a more thorough discussion of Job’s communication skills.
6. Have a story to tell before opening PowerPoint or Keynote (Apple presentation software).