.
Renungan
“If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I’m about to do today?”


Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A State of Mind - A Poem













I have come a long way
to a distant place far far away
from where I used to live
and from what I used to do

Life is a rosy dream,
happiness and joy aplenty,
everything that I wanted and
everything is as I had hoped for;

Everything is as I had hoped for,
everything is as I had longed for,
everything is except for the turmoil
that plagues me inside every day;

I sleep, I smile, I laugh, I play, I eat and I live
in a constant state of fear,
a fear that I did not ask for,
and one that I did not longed for;

Killing me from inside,
silently screaming for it to stop,
I am devoured by my own inner self,
day in and day out;

Haunting and taunting me,
time and time again,
they run helter and skelter
in the deep recess of my mind;

It’s just a state of mind,
I tell myself
hoping to erase these thoughts
of fear that hinges on the edge of my happiness;

Trapped inside my own mind,
eclipsed by my fear,
tears weep without a choice
hoping to vanquish this struggle within.

No comments:

Post a Comment